Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Make Something Every Day: Day Six

Esme took a day off from projects today.  This year she started taking recorder on Tuesdays.  Learning to read music was one of my high priorities for her - it's a valuable skill and even my basic knowledge has helped me very much.  I have also heard it can help develop the part of your brain that tackles Math, and that isn't too shabby since she considers herself a Future Astronaut.

Sagelicious stepped in to help me while Esme was gone.  Her mom is Esme's music teacher so while they're together, Sagelicious and I work on things like her scrapbook, her Halloween costume, etc.  I wanted to help her make a Christmas present for her mom, so we discussed and settled on this:


Her family has a lovely little backyard and her mom enjoys gardening, so I got the kit to make this stepping stone.  Really the most important part is the cheap plastic mould, because any cement and fragments of glass or china will work.  We mixed and poured together, and then Sagelicious decided on the placement of her hand and mosaic pieces.  I added her name and the year later when the cement was a bit firmer.  When Esme saw it I had to promise her we'd get more cement so she can make a couple too.

3 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

I always wanted to try those personalize stepping stone - how cool!

Becky said...

This is so cute and such a perfect gift for her mom! How thoughtful!

Mary Jo said...

This is such a great idea! "make something everyday."
Cute stepping stone! And really like the rock candy!! :)