Sunday, December 11, 2011

Make Something Every Day: Day Nine

Yesterday was our long-awaited Native American program for Brownies.  I think Girl Scouts have always been interested in the way girls from long ago lived, and especially Native Americans.  I remember learning to cook Native American foods with my troop when I was in fourth or fifth grade myself.


The program was almost entirely hands on, which of course the girls loved, and one of the things they got to do was make their own modern version of a game Native American children might have played.   They also got to touch different furs, tools, musical instruments, and other artifacts Native Americans would have used, as well as visit Native American Hall at the museum.  I love an engaging program and was so happy to have the opportunity to teach it!

No comments: