Thursday, December 01, 2011

Make Something Every Day - Day One

Esme and I have decided to make or bake something every day from now til Christmas.  We have so many projects in the works, we want to get some done.  We want to make some Christmas presents and decorations too!  We decided to make my mother-in-law a book for Christmas.  Here is the title:


My mother-in-law is hard to find the perfect present for, so we wanted to give her something really special.  She got two new kittens this year that Esme adores so we thought this would work.  We've been talking about it for a few days and filling out our ideas, so tonight we sat down together and wrote the text.  I printed it with spacing so that over the next few days Esme will be able to complete the illustrations.  It's a lot of drawing for her - there are ten pages.  


We also started reading this advent book my mom sent to Esme.  We will have a Bible quote and little reading every day.  Today's is Luke 2:8 - "In that region there were shepherds."

1 comment:

Owl at Home said...

This is a great initiative to get projects done, I hope at least one of them is something yummy I can eat. 8-)