Friday, July 27, 2007

Ahhh the last day of Vacation Bible School! I love doing VBS - I went every year as a child and I've been teaching the last three years. The last two years I've been the lead preschool teacher, and had Esme in my class! This week we learned about Obeying God, Worshiping God, Trusting God, Believing in God, and Serving. We had a water park theme so I brought in lawn chairs and beach toys, and the kid's favorite part, the inflatable boat. The best part of the week was when we pretended we are on the open seas and a storm was coming up. We used a fan for wind, flicked the lights for lightning, and had a thunder-maker. We rocked the boat so they felt like they were in heavy waves. A couple little ones were actually getting nervous, but then wanted to do it again and again. Overall it was a great week - I think a few of the lessons might have sunk in, and they kids definitely had fun singing, playing together, and doing crafts.

No comments: