Friday, August 10, 2007



Some time ago my mom gave me an old roll of Kodak 126 film that had never been developed. I put off taking it in to be processed because I was afraid I wouldn't get anything back. When I went to get a new flash card today I finally took it in, and amazingly, got some pretty cool photos back! These are the best two - they're all very grainy and my mom isn't big on photography, but these two alone made it worth it for me! They were both taken on what I'm guessing was around my 7th birthday. The first one is my grandmother and me - she passed away in 2003 just a couple months before my daughter was born. On her lap is her poodle, Joy. The second is me with my parents - they divorced about 4 years later, and I've been estranged from my dad for about 5 years. I love two things about this photo - my dad is smoking a pipe, and my mom has an expression on her face that looks so much like my daughter.

3 comments:

Linda said...

That is so wonderful that you are able to have those photos after 26 years.

Rachael said...

What a treasure!!! That is awesome!!

Disney Mummy said...

How fun! Great pictures, what a lovely gift from the past.