Sunday, September 11, 2005

Well, I've decided it's time to unpack. We've lived here for 11 months and I'm tired of looking at the boxes. So today Esme and I made pumpkin muffins and while they baked and cooled I unpacked three boxes. It takes a long time for me to feel at home anywhere (probably because of the number of times I've moved) but I finally feel like settling in here. I want to set everything up the way we dreamed it would be. I want to have our rooms in order. I'm starting with the kitchen because that's the place I feel like I have the most control over.

It is wonderful to cook with Esme. She is an enthusiastic chef. She loves getting ingedients out of the pantry, pouring, and mixing. Cooking with her brings back so many happy memories of cooking with the women in my family.

2 comments:

Mary(Pea) said...

oh how fun!!

kelly edgerton said...

Jenny, one step at a time. Three boxes is a start. And, the kitchen is always where I begin too. It motivates me to do the rest of the rooms. Best of luck in finding that feeling of HOME in your new house.