Friday, September 02, 2011

Summer Isn't Over (aka Wishful Thinking)

The truth is, I hate these first couple weeks of September. It means summer is over, and the temperatures start to cool enough to remind me that before long I'll be paying the dreaded heating bill again. Even worse, my husband goes back to work at night, and it's another long, lonely academic year before I get him back for evenings in May through August. For the next couple weeks the fun Summer outings have dried up, but the fun Fall outings haven't started yet. Back to school for me means the phone ringing between 5 and 6 am, and even with my new job, I'm going to have to answer the call one or two days a week. In honor of pretending this isn't all imminent, I'm posting the Summer Dotee I made.
This was the fifth dotee I've made and was for a swap. I really enjoy making these, but now that summer is ending, and I'll have so much to do, I think I'm going to have to finish the last couple swaps I'm in and take a break. I have so many creative projects I'd like to do, like Christmas presents, some painting, and of course lots of scrapbooking, I think I'm going to need to focus a bit. The one thing that cheers me up is that Brownies starts back this coming Wednesday! Nothing cheers me up like a dozen adorable little girls making plans to rule the world!

5 comments:

Owl at Home said...

I love your dotee but hate having to miss you. Also, I thought your post said "making plans to ruin the world" at first, but most of them aren't planning that yet.

Sue Althouse said...

Very cute dotee! I'm like you with mixed feelings about fall. If it could just last longer, and we could skip winter.......Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! Your blog reminds me of our happy homeschooling days.

Becky said...

This is adorable :) Definite positives and negatives to summer being over, right?

Mary Jo said...

I'm not ready for the end of summer either! But your dotee is so adorable :)

Melissa said...

Hi Jenny! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. Congrats on the new job! Sometimes the best choices are the scariest. Doesn't make sense to be that way though does it? I hope it works out for you! And boy do I hear you on how sad it is summer is coming to a close. The hot weather came late to my area this year and I'm not ready for it to go away. :(