Friday, September 23, 2011

Focusing - Work and Girl Scouts

I am loving my new job.  For my first month, I am mostly training, so I have been spending most weekday mornings learning about school programs at the museum.  I'm learning about everything from Native American games to static electricity.  This week I learned to operate TAM, the Transparent Anatomical Manikin.  You might recognize her from the cover of Nirvana's last album - of course sans wings .


I have also been devoting lots of hours to Girl Scouts in the past few weeks.  The new Girl's Guides to Girl Scouting have been released and I have my copy of the Brownie level book.  It has many positive changes, including updated badges that are a little more challenging than the old Try-Its.  I've been thinking a lot about fundraising.  We're going to need quite a bit of money to get our troop to Washington DC this year, so we are planning a big fashion-related fundraiser for January.  Right now I'm trying to secure a location, but since I need such a big space on such a low budget, I'm struggling a bit to find exactly the right place.  Hopefully these hours on the phone, emailing, and visiting locations will pay off!

No comments: