Saturday, June 02, 2007

Life has been crazy the last couple weeks!

End of the year subbing is not so fun. Lots of hot, cranky kids do not want to be in school and some of the teachers are getting fussy as well. Last chance to earn an income though so I am trying to work as much as possible. I am even giving high school a chance next week. I usually only do elementary and I am likely to be eaten alive - pray for me on Monday and Wednesday. I love my job in September. Not as much in June.

We have been out on our little boat a couple times now. Went once to the Mount Tom Reservation and once to Hampton Pond in Westfield. Bray Lake at Mount Tom was fun, but Hampton Pond was wonderful. That is my new favorite place. Unfortunately on Memorial Day some teenagers threw a bunch of fireworks into the pond and killed a bunch of fish, and the poor dead fishies are still washing up on the beach. It's gross and sad. Won't want to swim there for a while yet.

I finished reading Robinson Crusoe (love Defoe, loved it), A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (very good story of a young girl growing up in Brooklyn in poverty in the early 20th century), and Fun Home (a cool graphic novel with very strange family relationships that I identified all too well with) since I last updated my blog. I was talking to a lady at church who said she isn't much of a reader and I said I have to be to stay interesting to my husband. She told me that was a very smart way to think about it. Actually Ethan and I have been reading a lot of the same books lately and he is very interesting to me! We read Treasure Island together and he just started Robinson Crusoe.

My baby's last day of nursery school is this coming Thursday. I have very mixed feelings about this. I am so sad that she is leaving school and won't have the fun little kid experiences I had. On the other hand I am extremely excited and hopeful about staring our homeschooling together.

I am off to worry about the last details that I am responsible for for my sister-in-law's shower. It's tomorrow!!

No comments: