Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Today is the last day of school!!!! That means for just over two months....
  • No students will sigh heavily when they find out I'm they're sub for the day
  • No entire class will burst into applause when they find out I'm they're sub for the day
  • No other subs will condescend to me (that happened a lot this year - I don't understand it)
  • I won't be Mrs. Powers
  • I won't have to listen to 25 recorders in a small classroom
  • I will not discuss homonyms or onomatopoeias
  • I will not be acutely aware of what I didn't learn in 4th grade math and have to teach myself things quickly
  • I won't say, "Line up!"
  • Chances are no one will call me before 8 o'clock and if they do, I won't be waiting for their call
  • No one will ask if I have super powers
  • No one will try to convince me to get certified to teach
  • I will not make kids I've never met before cry
Ahhhhhh summer!

4 comments:

jillconyers said...

I love summer break! Enjoy yours!

Lora said...

I miss summer break...

toners said...

Enjoy your break :)

Jill/Twipply Skwood said...

YAY!!!! I loooooooooooove summer!!!!!!!!!!! Let me add, since I teach preschool:

ALMOST no one will insist on talking about poop with me
I will resist the urge to call groups of children "Friends!" (As in "Friends! It's time to leave now!")
ummm...etc. etc. etc.!!!!

HAVE A GREAT VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!