Saturday, January 14, 2006

While working on my MMM entry last year I was bitten by the contest bug so now I'm working on my HOF entry. With the deadline so quickly approaching, I'm not sure if I'll quite make it or not, but I am really putting my all into my layouts. I'm worried that my layouts are to stylistically similar, and that I'm just plain not good enough.

Being chosen as a Pink Lady last year really gave me a big confidence boost. The other women on that team are sooo talented, I am so proud to be one of them. I wish when I sat down to scrap I felt more free to just go with it and try anything, as some of them seem to. I guess tonight when I sit down to work, I should try to leave my sbing inhibitions behind.

Another thing that gave me a big boost of confidence was something Stephanie said. I was griping about my lack of sbing abilities and she said she wouldn't be encouraging me to try out for HOF, to try to be published, etc. if she didn't feel I really was good enough. If anyone knows scrapbooking, it's Stephanie, so if Stephanie thinks my pages are good enough, I feel like they must be at least pretty okay.

Anyway I'm going to keep plugging along toward this entry. I'm going to the teacher store this afternoon to get Esme some paint cups, but with the secret motivation to try to draw some inspiration from the fun supplies they carry there. Plus because I'm a sub I get a 10% discount, and that never hurts. If anyone with a critical eye reads this and is interested in helping a struggling scrapper out with some constructive critcism, email me and I'll send you a link to my top secret pages!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I think that you've come up with some great pages so far and have a really good start. And what I said was totally true!! I'm glad it helped...