I'm beating the post-Christmas blues by spending lots of time with my family and working hard with my Girl Scouts! Here's what's new around here:
- My sweet husband is our city's Girl Scout Cookie Sale Manager for the first time ever. It's pretty awesome to see him working this way, but stressful to see him get stressed when people are unresponsive.
- I feel so lucky to have a job that I love, working at the museum. I haven't been working as much as I'd like lately, but hoping now that Winter vacation has passed things will pick up.
- I started a Girl Scout troop at our local Boys & Girls club. I have girls ages 9 through 13 and we've only had one meeting so far, but it was fun and it will be a different experience for me to be with older girls who have not had a previous Girl Scout experience.
- I haven't been scrapping a ton, but I have made good progress on my new mini album made entirely of my Instagram photos. (I got a tablet for Christmas and was so excited to finally join the world of mobile devices!) Esme has been scrapping with me a lot and I love it. I gave her my extra Instagram prints and this is what she made:
- This week we start Robotics! I attended training on how to coach a FIRST Lego League competitive team but I still feel a little unprepared. The trainers assure me that soon the girls will be teaching me what to do. Definitely happy to be offering more STEM activities for Girl Scouts.
- I love having an instrument that I can play. I haven't quite gotten to it every day, but my autoharp has definitely been getting use since its purchase in late October. At the moment I have a touch of laryngitis, but I hope to get back to it full force once this wears off.
- I can't wait to get back to the beach this summer. On these cold days when it gets dark so early, I think even more about the night we had a fire on the beach and how late it stayed light. That's my favorite time of year!