Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Talking about Girl Scouts



Anyone who has ever met me knows I am a super passionate leader and I talk about Girl Scouts everywhere I go. Really everywhere, and all the time. But I was really honored to be asked to talk about them today at the Holyoke Rotary Club. I tried to stress how important the movement is to our community, and to the girls. If you are up for some epic reading, you can read my speech here. Esme was one of two girls there, and was very supportive.

3 comments:

Mary Jo said...

I am a big fan of Girl Scouts, too! And cannot wait until my daughter is old enough to join :)

ScrappnBee said...

How cool that you got invited to speak...and E got to watch. I have a Daisy myself and was a Gold Award Scout. LOVE what they do for girls! Thanks for sharing- Amanda

wholarmor said...

That's cool. My son and I got to represent the Boy Scouts at Kiwanis club this year. It was great!