Sunday, July 31, 2011

Painted Rocks and My Vacation

I spent most of this week on Cape Cod. I almost always take some kind of little art project with me - often ATC size, and this year, after seeing all the lovely painted rocks on Pinterest, I just took a bottle of white paint and a paintbrush.




I love the simplicity of white on rock. These were just playful and fun - I may work up to a more serious similar project at some point. Right now I have to sneak in a little creativity wherever I can - it's been a busy summer!

I had a great week and mostly enjoyed spending time with my family. We all loved Marconi Beach, part of the National Seashore. The waves were huge and we got to see whales breaching in the distance. This photo is of Esme and me on the sandbar that appears at low tide at Scusset Beach - probably about to start searching for hermit crabs.



I also loved the simplicity of just sitting around with my husband. He got me two books at The Odyssey to read on the trip - the new biography of Juliette Gordon Low and The Monsters of Templeton. Of course I enjoyed the biography - it's the third one I've read about the founder or Girl Scouts, and still gave me some new tidbits I'd never heard. I enjoyed the novel as well. It was a bit predictable in places, but I loved the way the author wove in the family's history with the modern story.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Those rocks are fantastic! I love all the tiny little details :) Looks like you had a great vacation!

Tammy said...

The ocean looks so restful and peaceful. I love your rocks. Reminds me of the rocks we painted as kids. Such an easy thing to do. Yours look fab! :)