Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Girls' Interests for 2010-2011

I polled my girls to see what they might want to do in their first full year as Brownies. Ideas were rock climbing, archery, earning the Animals try-it, more camping, and horse-back riding. In the past they've also shown interest in snowshoeing and first aid, so I am going to try to make as many of these thing happen as possible this year. I am lucky to have such an adventurous group!

We have two council's own Try-Its we're going to start the year with - Bicycling and Archery. We are lucky to have an awesome archery instructor who is going to come out for a day and help us earn that one. For the other, I'm trying to line up a visit to a local bike shop, a police officer to talk about the rules of the road, and I've already scheduled a trip to a local bike path that goes over an old railroad bridge.

I've read over and over that we should try NOT to be all about the little triangles. I have a few charitable projects in mind for my girls as well. I'm hoping to ship some care packages soldiers stationed in the Middle East, and perhaps help out the Toys for Tots drive.

No comments: