Thursday, April 13, 2006

Lately I've been thinking about how important it is to show people in our daily lives how much we love them and how much they mean to us, and I've resolved to do it more. I started by saying, "I love you," every time I see my niece and nephew. A lot of times I just didn't think about it in the craziness of having toddlers together, but now I'm making a special effort.

Tomorrow I'm going to Vicki's annual Easter egg coloring party so I thought about how I could show her I value her. I made her the topiary, and I'm bringing the scrapbook pages of the kids at events at her house during the past year. She throws awesome parties and I think the pages show how much the kids enjoy them. She is a very loving and generous person and I want her to know she is appreciated!!

A year and a half ago, my mother gave us the down payment for our house. I want her to know how much we appreciate and remember that on a daily basis, so for Mother's Day I'm going to make her a shadowbox with a photo of the house in it, and write her a special message from Ethan and me, letting her know how much it means to us.

I want to remember and appreciate all my blessing each and every day. I want my life to be focused on the positive, and spread the love around.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

What a wonderful post, Jenny! Have a great weekend and may you have a blessed Easter!

Cat said...

You're spot on! Love is the only gift you can give that is meaningful and lasting. Carry on!