Saturday, April 08, 2006

I'm on a mission to improve my language. I'm working toward changing both my grammar and reducing the use of certain words. The words are: Crap Hell Damn Sucks. My little darling (Esme, age 3) has started to pick up a couple of these gems and I'm determined to nip it in the bud. I hardly EVER swear, so I would probably die of embarassment if we were strolling along in Target and Esme said something sucked. As far as the grammar goes, I am perfectly capable of carrying on a grammatically correct conversation, but during the years between moving out of my parents' house and the birth of the Es, I've become very lazy about it. I recently realized that I need to practice what I'm preaching.

I just got my June issue of Memory Makers, and the details of this year's Master contest are outlined. Last year was the first time I really put all the effort in and actually entered a big contest. The hardest part was eating, sleeping, and breathing it right before I mailed my entry. Actually it wasn't too hard on ME, but I think it might have been hard on Ethan, Lisa, and Stephanie. And I think Kyle may have hoped I'd win just so he wouldn't get so many email attachments begging for his excellent constructive criticism. So anyway, beware family and friends, I do intend to enter this year. I've done some of my best layouts in the last year so I'm excited about what this will inspire me to create!

No comments: