Friday, February 10, 2006

NSBR. It's making me very sad. I'm not sure I can take it in there anymore. People are calling each other terrible names, they're hurting their friends, they're making racist remarks, or nasty remarks about other Pea's autistic children. Is this what the world is coming to? I sincerely hope that this isn't what a slice of the real world is like. I keep going back because my best friend, Stephanie, and I like to talk about it. But at this point I'm not sure if this is something I need in my life. For now I think I'll be sticking to the Pub and GS.

Thinking about this makes me really grateful to be a part of Scraptalk. I feel very at ease there.

Anyway, as a general rule, I have decided to try to minimize the violence, negativity, and other non-essential disharmony in my life. Ethan and I decided this weekend to stop eating beef and pork. We're trying it til Easter and then we'll evaluate to see if it's working for us. I am 99% positive that I'm going to stop watching 24. It's hard because of peer pressure (Ethan!) but I'm just not sure I can take another season of the non-stop, gratuitous violence. Maybe I am becoming a hippie, but I feel this will be better for me.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I'm sorry. It has been a crazy time and as you know, I got caught in a storm myself.

Hugs, and thank you! You are a wonderful person to know, as is Stephanie, I consider myself very lucky.

Disney Mummy said...

I know what you are saying about NSBR. I didn't miss it all that much when I was away and I've been back sporadically since we got back over a week ago. Everything and everyone just seems so...alien to me.