Sunday, February 26, 2006

I've been finding so much sbing inspiration lately. First, I finaly decided it was time to recycle all the mags I've been amassing since the Fall of 2000. I have at least a couple trees worth on my shelves. So I'm going through them and ripping out the pages that have ideas I want to save. I have LOVED looking at these so much! I keep finding myself drawn to the same designers over and over - Rebecca Sower, Michelle Minken, etc.

Speaking of designers, I am newly a big fan of Elsie Flannigan. I love her style! It's so fun and funky and free! I want to be more free like that with my pages. I loved her layout in the new CK where she drew on the aluminum tape and then painted it. If you haven't seen her work, check out of her blog. I added it to my links list.

I've also been finding inspiration in the clothing around me - not mine, but other people's. Esme has a cute little jumper with embroidered flowers on it. I was looking at the flowers very closely yesterday, and thinking how much fun they'd be to recreate with paper. The other day I went to a meeting at church at the priest was wearing an exact same shirt that Stephanie has. That doesn't seem like a big deal, but they are very different people, and it was a pattern that I strongly associate with Stephanie, so it was a little weird. It got me thinking about what patterns and fabrics I associate with other people, and I was thinking I should use that idea on a scrapbook page.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Oooh, I love finding inspiration on things not SB related (so if I'm ever staring at your shirt, now you know why!).

I like Elsie's style too - I'm embarassed though to admit, I thought her name was Elise until just recently. Blush.