Friday, November 11, 2005

I had a hard mommy day today.

First, just when I had finished my time out with Ellen and Stephanie, Clare called to tell me that Esme was having an allergic reaction and had a puffy face. If she gets facial swelling we are supposed to call 911, so this freaked me out! I was just a short way away from Clare's house and since she didn't seem to be in crisis, we jetted over there. It turns out it was just hives on her face and not facial swelling, so I was very relieved. I have to give her about 100 kisses, but she didn't really understand why I was interrupting her eating a graham cracker. I was impressed how calmly Clare handled it, but still with the perfect amount of concern.

Then when we went to visit Ethan for the first time at his new job at the library, Esme and I took a tumble. It was really more of a crash actually. We fell down the last 3 or 4 steps of a concrete staircase onto a concrete floor. Neither of us were hurt badly, just a few bumps and bruises. Of course Esme sc-reeeeeeeamed bloody murder, which echoed all through the stone room with cathedral ceilings in an otherwise quiet library. Then she started yelling, "You knocked me down! You knocked me down!," (which is not what happened, just for the record) and then started screaming, "I waannnntt CANDY! I waaaanttt CANDY!"

Ironically earlier today Ellen, Stephanie, and I had been talking about how I don't really worry too much about her allergies, and how she doesn't usually say embarassing things in public. Sigh.

3 comments:

Molly said...

Oh (((HUGS)))!!!!

Corinnexxx said...

LOL, sorry had to grin! we always talk about our kids and than they make it worse for us! hope the rest of your day went better!

corinnexxx

Mimi said...

Ok, that was funny in a sad, been there way - I can totally see one of my kids saying You pushed me down

I'm so glad you and Esme are ok from both the hives and the fall.