Wednesday, June 16, 2004

there IS one good thing about having to be at work at 7:15 / Clare's birthday

When I woke up today at 8, I felt like I had slept in! It was sooo nice to have a day off today, especially after two unpleasant days in a row teaching gifted middle school kids. Esme and I had a nice day together. We stopped in for a visit at the bookstore and then got to visit the Bertrand family this afternoon.

Tomorrow is my friend Clare's 40th birthday. Most of my other friends probably know her as a scrapbooker or Liam & Grace's mom. But I really find her to be an amazing person. I love talking to her because I often find myself thinking about things she said days later. She has some interesting and deeply meaningful parenting philosophies and I feel she has helped to shape my own ideas about being a parent and how I want to raise Esme. She was sooo nice to me and helpful when Esme was born and through my PPD. There was a very significant moment of recovering for me when I called Clare and she said, "You sound like someone I know!" I just wanted to add this to the blog so I can publicly declare how much I appreciate her friendship! Happy Birthday Clare! I hope the next 40 years of your life are the HAPPIEST!

No comments: