Thursday, November 04, 2010

Loving Cadettes


We've been working on our aMaze Journey for several weeks. Last night we used an idea from the leader book - we made a circle on the floor and put post-its saying what we want from friends in the middle, and what we bring to a friendship on the outside, then compared the two by grouping the post-its. At that point energy was high so we played Machine a couple times and played the froggy song. After that we talked about I Statements and gave examples of how to use them in our lives, and make some great junk necklaces, with the theme that I Statements are Key. The girls had such a good time with this, we are considering working on the Just Jewelry Interest Project.

Before we started I was a bit intimidated by the idea of working with middle schoolers, but I am so happy with the way our year is going. Plus I love that my goddaughter is excited about Girl Scouts again - every meeting she says it was better than the last!

No comments: