Thursday, December 15, 2005

Questions from Stephanie's Blog....

Hot Chocolate or Egg Nog? Hot Chocolate. Chocolate always gets preference.

Does Santa wrap the presents or just set them under the tree? Santa only fills stockings in our house.

Colored or white lights on the tree/house? White outside, colored inside.

Do you hang mistletoe? Of course - the more smooches the better.

When do you decorate? Usually not at least until 12/15, and we keep decorating until 12/24. 8-)

What is your favorite holiday dish? Turkey!

Favorite Holiday memory as a child? When both sides of my family all went to my Aunt Beulah's house for Christmas. I was really lucky to have grandmothers who were friends - I got to have my whole family together for most holidays.

Favorite Holiday memory as an adult? Esme realizing that she should be excited that Christmas is coming!

How and when did you learn the truth about Santa? First grade, when a classmate told me there was no Santa. I wasn't shocked though.

Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? Esme opens gifts from her Nonna on Christmas Eve, but other than that, no.

What kind of cookies do you set out for Santa on Christmas Eve? This year, Alfajores, Chai Shortbreads, Two Bit Wonders, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, Sugar Kisses, White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal, Cafe Latte Bars, Eggnog cookies, Chocolate Spritz cookies, Marmalade Morsels, and Granola Butterscotch.

Snow! Love it or hate it? When Esme sees it and her face lights up, I love it. The rest of the time I'm just tired of it.

Can you ice skate? I've never tried.

.Do you remember your favorite gift? My favorite doll - My Friend Jenny.

What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? Ethan & Esme

What’s your favorite holiday dessert? Chocolate Dream pie.

What’s your favorite holiday tradition? watching It's a Wonderful Life with Ethan

What type of tree? Artificial all the way.

Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving.

What is your favorite Christmas Carol? Go Tell it on the Mountain

Candy Canes-- great for decorating and dipping in cocoa.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Wonderful post, great to get to know you better!

Yum, candy canes in hot chocolate!

Stephanie said...

Every time I read the names of the cookies you've made, I get more excited about trying them!!

Disney Mummy said...

Cool answers Jenny. Have you heard the Blind Boys of Alabama's version of Go Tell It on the Mountain? It's very good.